You must select a location to proceed.
There was a problem adding this course to your account. Please try again in a few minutes. If the problem persists, you can contact our support department at (877) 880-1335.
Adding Registration, Please wait...
You must be logged in to perform this action.
Fundamental Communication Skills for Conflict Engagement
This interactive workshop invites participants to challenge typical attitudes and approaches to conflict. This program offers participants an introduction to skills and practices that can instill confidence during encounters where perspectives are not aligned.
- Learn conflict style
- Recognize the difference between interest and positions
- Practice exercises
To gain the most from this workshop, participate in groups of two or three people. A worksheet to complete the exercises is provided in the materials.
- Print and use the worksheet provided in the Materials tab.
- Pause the video when instructed to complete the worksheet.
To Claim CME
- Play the workshop recording and complete the workshop using the worksheet.
- Click the Test/Eval/CME button and enter the participation code provided in the worksheet (each participant must be registered to claim CME credit).
- Complete the program evaluation.
Upon completion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Analyze your current conflict engagement style;
- Describe new methods for improving your communication style;
- Apply new communication methods to use when confronted with a difficult situation; and
- Evaluate new skills through one-on-one learning.
This program addresses the following desirable physician attributes: Professionalism; Interpersonal Communication Skills; Provide Patient-centered Care; Work in Interdisciplinary Teams; Employ Evidence-based Practice; Teams and Teamwork; Interprofessional Communication; Values/Ethics for Interprofessional Practice
Recorded: April 22, 2021
Released: May 21, 2021
Expires: May 21, 2024
No refunds or exchanges will be processed for this program.
|1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ (Enduring)
The Texas Medical Association is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Texas Medical Association designates this enduring activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
On select courses, the Texas Medical Association requires physician to complete 70-percent of the test questions correctly to receive credit for this course.
See TMA’s Web Site Privacy Statement
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Fraud and Abuse Prevention Simplified
Rx for Success: Patient-Centered Communication for Physicians, Managers, and Staff
Tangled Sutures: A Tale of Triumph and Loss in a Professional Liability Lawsuit
Patient Safety and Medical Errors
Self-Care: Your Daily Affirmation
World's Best Doctors: How Good Old-Fashioned Manners Improve Patient Satisfaction and Can Lower Litigation Risk
What's In Your Refrigerator?
Promoting Wellness Through Social Media
(On Demand Webinar)
When Mental Health Goes to College
(On Demand Webinar)
Marijuana and Colorado: A Look at Marijuana and the Opioid Crisis
Sticky Wellness Trends: Cannabidiol and Hemp
(CME to Go)
Public Speaking: It's an Art