The Texas Medical Privacy Law is even more stringent than its federal counterparts, HIPAA and the HITECH Act, and requires that all physicians and their staff receive training as necessary and appropriate to carry out their duties. In other words, one training size does not fit all.
This webinar provides training on state and federal compliance in the medical staff daily routines.
- What patient information is protected?
- What protected health information (PHI) can you disclose?
- Common myths
- Discussion questions to complete your custom training for clinical staff and compliance officers
- HIPAA Risk Assessment Tool
Released: Dec. 13, 2012
Reviewed: Aug. 20, 2014
Expires: Aug. 20, 2017
Physicians, HIPAA compliance officers, practice managers, and physician’s office staff in all specialties who are interested in medico-legal compliance
Upon completion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Identify common privacy and security risks
- Apply techniques and policies needed to comply with HIPAA, HITECH, and Texas privacy laws
- Explain repercussions, accountability, and penalties for privacy breaches
- Audio-visual presentation
- Post-test and course evaluation