The Texas Medical Jurisprudence Manual is a useful study guide and teaching tool for the medical jurisprudence courses taught in Texas medical schools and health care administration programs. It also is instructive for recent graduates and out-of-state physicians seeking licensure in Texas who are required to write the medical jurisprudence exam, or for physicians and practice administrators who want to know more about laws pertaining to medical practice in Texas.
- Licensing and disciplinary provisions for physicians
- Illegal remuneration statute
- New laws concerning mental health, chemical dependency, and rehabilitation treatment
- Medicare safe harbors
- Business organizations and managed care issues
- Immigration and naturalization.
A roster of addresses and phone numbers for various health-related agencies and associations has been added as appendices.
TMA does not accept returns on this publication.
Physicians find this Self Study Guide most helpful when studying for the Texas Medical Board Texas Jurisprudence Exam.