Between Obamacare, MACRA, and diminishing revenue, many physicians are feeling disillusioned and buried in stress. But there’s still one thing that matters enough to put up with all of it — your patients! And, patient-physician communication is the key to creating a strong connection. Learning to connect with your patients on a deep level not only will help rekindle your passion for medicine and lead to greater work satisfaction, but also help reduce your practice’s risk by lessoning the chance of a complaint to the Texas Medical Board.
Series Dates: Feb. 7 - March 28, 2017
6 pm Check-in and light dinner
6:30-8:30 pm Seminar
- Kindness and empathy make a real impact on patients' lives
- Methods for facing complaints, calming concerns and fears
- How to build lasting patient rapport
- Earn Ethics credit
- Earn a liability insurance discount (TMLT policy holders only)
Participants will receive a copy of the World’s Best Doctor e-pub that offers an additional 4.25 ethics credit.
Physicians in all specialties that provide direct patient care
Upon completion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Identify barriers to ethical and empathetic communication with patients.
- Recognize poor communication habits that may lead to disgruntled patients, peers, and staff.
- Apply techniques to improve communication skills and better outcomes in patient care.
- Specify steps for constructing an appropriate apology when necessary.
This seminar is developed to address the following ABMS Competencies: Patient Care, Professionalism, and Interpersonal and communication skills.
- Didactic lecture
- Case studies
- Questions and answers
Thank you to the Texas Medical Liability Trust for supporting this series
Liability Insurance Discount
TMLT policyholders who complete this program will earn a 3 percent discount that will be applied to their next eligible policy period.
Request for cancelation must be received three business days prior to the seminar date. Valid refund request will be issued in the same format as initial payment less a $59 cancellation fee (per person).