EHR Implementation Guide, Fourth Edition (Fully-updated with new stats, new case study, and MACRA, MIPS, and ACI information).
In 2017, Electronic Health Record (EHR) utilization will become even more important with the implementation of the Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act of 2015 (MACRA). Advancing Care Information (ACI) will effectively absorb what was known as “meaningful use,” and will contribute to a composite score in the new Merit-Based Incentive Payment System (MIPS). ACI will focus on EHR use to track and appropriately share patient information for continuity of care that should lead to improved outcomes — not to mention the EHR’s value in tracking and reporting quality data, another component of MIPS.
This new edition will guide you through the process of successfully implementing Health Information Technology (HIT) into a medical practice, and show how it can bring improvements in the quality of patient care and profitability. This guide offers a nontechnical view of the steps necessary for the successful introduction of HIT with an emphasis on the needs of smaller practices. It is a perfect handbook for physicians, practice managers, and administrators considering adoption of an EHR system.
Released: Sept. 1, 2012
Reviewed: June 30, 2017
Expires: June 30, 2020
This publication is developed for physicians, practice managers, and administrators considering adoption of an electronic health record system.
This program addresses the following desirable physician attributes:
- Patient Care and Procedural Skills
- Practice-based Learning and Improvement
- Interpersonal and Communication Skills
- Systems-based Practice
Upon completion of this enduring material, readers should be able to:
- Discuss the efficiency and quality benefits of an electronic health record (EHR) system;
- Evaluate their practice with a needs assessment to determine EHR readiness in terms of financial and operational variables;
- Summarize necessary steps for contracting, selecting, implementing, and maintaining an EHR system; and
- Describe the federal EHR incentive program and steps needed for achieving success in the Advancing Care Information performance category in the Merit-Based Incentive Payment System created by the Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act.
The participant is required to read the course in its entirety and complete an online post-test and course evaluation.
No refunds or exchanges will be processed for this product.
The Physicians Foundation