Most physicians strive to maintain the highest of standards by practicing good medicine and behaving professionally. But if you find yourself the subject of a Texas Medical Board (TMB) investigation, you need to understand how your responses and actions throughout the process will affect you now and in the future.
This publication walks you through the TMB process and answers such questions as:
Released: Dec. 15, 2010
Reviewed: Dec. 1, 2016
Expires: Dec. 1, 2019
This publication was developed for physicians in all specialties who are interested in medico-legal compliance and practical ways to reduce the potential for professional liability. Office managers, administrators, and front office staff also may benefit.
ACGME/ABMS CompetenciesThis program addresses the following desirable physician attributes:
- Patient Care and Procedural Skills
- Practice-based Learning and Improvement
- Interpersonal and Communication Skills
Upon completion of this enduring activity, participants should be able to:
- Describe the disciplinary function of the TMB and outline the legal process of a investigation.
- Recognize common violations reported by TMB and implement procedures to avoid them.
- Explain the physician health program and detail the steps through the evaluation process.
To participate in this enduring activity, physicians must read the publication and complete an online post-test and course evaluation.
No refunds or exchanges will be processed for this product.
TMLT — Earn a 3-Percent Professional Liability Discount
TMLT policyholders who complete this program may earn a 3-percent discount that will be applied to their next eligible policy premium.