Technology, shopping, gambling, and sex are all behaviors that can become addictive with serious consequences. This activity discusses the more common addictive behaviors and how they can negatively impact a physician’s professional and personal life. This activity presents screening tools, treatment modalities, and prevention strategies for several addictive behaviors (also termed “process addictions”).
Release Date: Jan. 29, 2016
Expiration Date: Feb. 18, 2019
Target Audience: Physicians of all specialties
Upon completion of this activity, physicians should be able to:
1. Recognize that behaviors can be as addictive as substances.
2. Categorize common addictive behaviors.
3. Assess patients for addictive behaviors.
4. Identify unethical addictive behavior in themselves and their colleagues.
5. Propose appropriate treatments for behavioral addictions.
The participant is required to read the course in its entirety and complete an online test and course evaluation.
Registration fees are not refundable.