Find out how improving personal wellness makes an impact on patient outcomes. Learn methods to stimulate personal growth and wellness; incorporate mindfulness behaviors and ethics into daily life; integrate resilience and coping strategies; and assimilate learned changes to improve patient outcomes.
Physicians of all specialties
Registration and Continental Breakfast
Part I: The Problems
Part II: The Solutions
Part II: The Solutions (continued)
Upon completion of the program, participants should be able to:
1. Identify the basic components of wellness.
2. Explain the effect of wellness activities on physical and mental health.
3. Employ coping strategies for managing stress, including mindfulness techniques.
4. Define the concept of resilience and name strategies that can be used to enhance health.
5. Apply wellness concepts to change personal and patient behavior.
6. Recognize the role of healthy behavior in managing the ethical challenges of a medical practice.
Lecture; slide and case presentations; audience participation
A $25 fee applies to all cancelations. TMA will issue no refunds received less than one week prior to a scheduled workshop. All cancelation requests must be made in writing and sent a minimum of one week before the scheduled workshop to Linda Kuhn, Texas Medical Association, 401 W. 15th St., Austin, TX 78701-1680, or faxed to (512) 370-1347.