Find out how improving personal wellness makes an impact on patient outcomes. Learn methods to stimulate personal growth and wellness; incorporate mindfulness behaviors and ethics into daily life; integrate resilience and coping strategies; and assimilate learned changes to improve patient outcomes.
Series Start Date: April 6, 2013
Series End Date: October 26, 2013
Physicians of all specialties
Registration and Continental Breakfast
Part I: The Problems
Part II: The Solutions
Part II: The Solutions (continued)
Upon completion of the program, participants should be able to:
- Identify the basic components of wellness.
- Explain the effect of wellness activities on physical and mental health.
- Employ coping strategies for managing stress, including mindfulness techniques.
- Define the concept of resilience and name strategies that can be used to enhance health.
- Apply wellness concepts to change personal and patient behavior.
- Recognize the role of healthy behavior in managing the ethical challenges of a medical practice.
Lecture; slide and case presentations; audience participation