While most physicians are very aware of the federal government’s crack-down on fraud, abuse, and waste, many lack understanding about the procedures and consequences of government audits, as well as knowledge about how to respond to an audit, when to seek help, and what help is available. This course will address these issues along with a discussion of how to prepare for an audit through sound coding and documentation practices.
- Overview of type of audits
- I’m honest, why should I worry about audits?
- How to react to the audit
- What can happen after the audit?
Released Dec. 2, 2011
Expires Sept. 1, 2014
This program is developed for physicians practicing in all medical specialties. Medical practice administrators/ managers, and mid-level health care providers also will benefit from this program
Upon completion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Discuss various government audit programs
- Assess how claims data is used to identify flags for auditors
- Implement policies for responding to medical records request and subsequent audits