The pervasive menace of a potential audit by an insurer or Medicare Recovery Audit Contractor (RAC) has physicians deeply concerned about coding and documentation. Physicians and experts agree — the best line of defense is regular self audits, performed internally or by an outside consultant. Learn how to conduct a self audit; what to do with your findings, and how to obtain buy-in for corrective actions.
Released June 29, 2010
Expires December 31, 2013
- Spot billing and coding trends that may flag RAC auditors
- Learn to conduct self audits
- Develop action plans for your findings
- Get physician buy-in for corrective actions
This program is designed for physicians in all specialties, office managers, administrators, and front office staff who are interested in medico-legal compliance and practical ways to reduce the potential for professional liability.
Upon completion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Identify top billing and coding risks
- Understand when an how to conduct a self audit
- Audio-visual presentation
- Post-test and course evaluation
- Questions and answers